Monday, January 28, 2013

One Terrible Week Behind Me

Okay, so I had a terrible week last week. I hadn't even checked my Facebook in an entire week, that's how bad it was!

Last week started off okay, I went to work on Monday and thought everything was great. I was optimistic, but half way through the day my body started to betray me: I got the chills and then my body started to ache and I became extremely fatigued. So, I decided to skip lunch and take a quick power nap on one of the tables in my classroom. I didn't feel any better. The last two periods of the day, I literally fought off falling asleep at my desk while the kids read. By the time the bell rang at 3:15 p.m. I was running out of school WITH the students.

I went home that afternoon and passed out. The next day, I couldn't get out of bed, so I didn't go to work. Wednesday, I couldn't go to work and to tell the truth, I didn't want to. Aside from the crippling fatigue, I was experiencing terrible anxiety. Thursday-no work again. My husband told me that I was going to get fired and truthfully, I didn't care. That day, they started calling from Central Office asking for me to call Risk Management ASAP, so Friday I reluctantly went to work. That day I felt terrible too because I was sensing a migraine coming on, but I pushed through it. I did call Risk Management and the told me they were going to put me on temporary leave; this means that I have excessive absenses due to illness and it is "for my protection".

Okay, so by the end of the day I had a full on Migraine and it lasted 24 hours. The nightmare didn't end there. My whole family somehow aquired a stomach virus and we were all puking all over the place the entire weekend. Everyone was knocked out and I didn't get out of bed all weekend.



So, now it is Monday again and the sun has come out from behind the storm clouds. I am at work!!! Yay!!! I feel only slightly tired and on a scale from 1-10 my pain is at a 3. That is fantastic! I reached the light at the end of the tunnel. All I could do is pray that this reprieve lasts. Pray for me everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, I think your site might be having
    browser compatibility issues. When I look at your blog site
    in Opera, it looks fine but when opening in Internet
    Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just
    wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, great blog!
    Have a look at my web site :: Smith Mountain Lake Vacation Home Rentals

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.