Saturday, January 5, 2013

Prednisone: My Frenemy

So, I am on my fourth week of Prednisone. I am down to 5mg a day and I have to say that I feel pretty good. Now, I am always afraid to  say that out loud because it always bites me in the ass later, but aside from some minor aches I feel good. I feel like I can finally breathe: like I could relax.

For a while there I was feeling so bad it was depressing. I was barking at everyone and crying for anything. I was feeling hopeless. Even when I went on the Lupus groups that usually make me feel better, I would get annoyed with anyone who tried to sound "positive" about living with Lupus. Living with constant pain was getting the better of me and I couldn't even enjoy the holidays. Thank God for Prednisone!

Now, of course I could already feel my new jeans starting to fit tighter and even though I haven't stepped on a scale, I could feel myself getting fatter. But, I could honestly say that's okay. I am okay with it. As long as I have even a day or two without extreme pain, I will deal with my fat arms and big belly. Maybe I could finally start going out walking again...one can only hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.