Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Addicted to all things TV


So I have been missing so much work lately. The pain in my muscles, joints, lupus fog, and anxiety is crippling me. I am not confined to my bed...again. 

I haven't been able to finish reading a novel in almost a year. Now, you have to keep in mind that I love reading and I teach reading and I usually read at the very least, one novel a month. I can't concentrate anymore; not enough to finish reading a novel. 

So, I have totally taken to watching every kind of television show/movie possible. Netflix is my new best friend and the DVR on my dish receiver records two show at one. I am of course going to switch to the Dish Hopper because it records something like 6 shows at once! 

Then there's Get Glue! Love, love it! I don't know why it excites me to earn stickers from watching TV and checking in, but it does. They will actually mail you the stickers and I am definitely going to get some kind of grown up sticker book. This is totally taking me back to when I was a kid and collected scratch and sniff, puffy, googly-eyed, and bedazzled stickers in a Sticker Book. 

If I didn't have TV to watch while resting, I would go insane. I am already depressed and super anxious so I think Teen Mom 2, Grey's Anatomy, Scandal, American Idol, New Girl, Glee, and many others are keeping me from cracking up and being dragged off to the insane asylum? Do they still have those? Oh yeah, there is also American Horror Story: Asylum. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.