Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Lupus is back....damn it!

Okay so before I start bitching, let me start with the positives. (For the sake of positivity)

Gratitudes
I woke up before noon
◇ I left the house today
◇ I walked 2 miles last night
◇ I made a boutique style bow for my daughter

So now that I listed the good, it might be easy to see what might be included in the bad. Last night, I went for a walk with my husband and jumped from walking one mile to two. I felt so proud of myself, but it is at these moments that Lupus reminds me that I am not normal. It literally kicks my ass as if to say, "hello, did you forget you are a sick person? Don't make me remind you again!" My body feels as if someone punched me all over.

I seriously want to, and have to, lose weight. I wanted to start walking every day in order to lose the 30 pounds I gained this year, but it is so difficult when your own body attacks you. So what have I learned? Take it slow and easy STUPID. I am determined to stop blowing up like a whale so no matter how many pills I have to pop tomorrow,  I am going to walk at least a mile. I am going to walk a mile every other day and then move on to a mile a day. I am going to take it slow but I am going to keep moving. This disease has robbed me of so many things, but I am going to fight it every step of the way!

Gripes
◇ fever
◇ joint aches
◇ muscle pain
◇ stomach pain
◇ fatigue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.