Monday, July 22, 2013

Can you have friends if you have Lupus?

The other day I woke up in the afternoon after a long sleepless night and saw a message from a friend asking me to go to lunch.  I messaged her and apologized for not answering and made plans to go to lunch the next day.

Well, that evening I couldn't sleep and ended up falling asleep at 7:30 am. Can you guess what happened?  I didn't wake up in time for lunch. In fact,  I woke up at 6:00 pm. I felt like such a horrible friend especially after I grabbed my phone and saw her messages. I was too much of a coward to call her so I sent her a message trying to explain.

I tried to make up for it by asking her out for dinner, but even if she had said yes I don't know if I could have gotten out of bed; my body ached so badly! She was going to go running so she couldn't go to dinner and she said she understood but I felt like such a flake.

I don't have many friends left, not only because I am married and have children but now that I have Lupus,  I have almost lost them all including family. My family is still my family but many of them, like my cousins, are no longer close to me. We have grown apart.

I have missed too many birthday parties and get togethers. I wonder if this happens to others who have Lupus, sjogrens syndrome,  or fibromyalgia or people like me who have all three. I just wonder.

Well I have a third chance to make it to a late lunch with my friend tomorrow at 2 pm so wish me luck! 

GRIPES

◇extreme fatigue

◇insomnia

◇joint stiffness/aches

◇stomach issues

GRATITUDES

◇It's summer and I don't have to work! (Teacher)

◇My children are healthy and happy!

◇My husband is being very supportive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.