Sunday, April 14, 2013

My cup runneth over!

Okay so you are never going to believe my weekend. Friday I barely made it to work right as the tardy bell rang. (I teach middle school) So I was hurrying down the hall trying to get to my class before the principal saw me when I get distracted by a large group of 8th graders congregating infant of the office; they definitely seemed up to no good and I noticed one particular student walking towards me. (who I might add hates me because I am always on his case) As I moved around him to avoid any trouble, I felt a foot hit my ankle and before I Knew it I was falling. I didn't even have a Chance to brace for the fall; I fell flat on my face And in that instant I fainted. I have been extremely weak lately because I an aneomic and I am flaring. So to make a long story short, I was taken to the hospital in an ambulance and I spent the entire day in the emergency room with a neck brace waiting for the doctor to release me. To make things worse at the end of the day the drugs he prescribed were nowhere as good as the ones I already have! That goes to show how little these doctors understand about Lupus.

Flash forward to Sunday -tonight- I have a Cold! Wah-Wah Wah-.- AND I can't go back to works until
Tuesday And although I held the rest I can't afford it! This illness is killing me financially!

So my life sucks? No! Although this illness has made me feel so lonely because no one really understands how I feel, people really surprised me. when I got out of the hospital and checked my phone there were a lot of text messages from students and coworkers asking if I was okay and wishing me well. Even my teenage son, who makes a point of torturing me, apologized for stressing me out! So in the end, even though I am in bed coughing and sniffling, I am grateful I am alive and surrounded by family and great friends. My cup runneth over!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.