Friday, April 19, 2013

As a matter of fact...

Alright I am going to get it out of the way and list all the things that are wrong today:
  • sore throat (strep again?)
  • fever blisters (ouch!)
  • cough
  • congestion
Okay, so I sometimes feel bad for being such a negative Nelly and complaining all the time in this blog, but I really can't complain to my loved ones, friends, or co-workers. So, this is my outlet and it is a fact that every damn day SOMETHING hurts! I think it is important to let everyone know what a struggle it is to constantly live with pain. IT IS ALWAYS THERE!

Maybe that is why there isn't a cure yet....as women (of course men get Lupus too) we tend to ignore our own shit to take care of everyone else, and we also downplay our symptoms. Studies show that Lupus patients downplay their symptoms even to their own doctors. It is true though. When I go to the doctor, I kind of give him the top three things that are bothering me because there are so many things I can complain about,

If you are out there suffering, let people know; let your doctor know EVERYTHING. There is no shame in stating what is a matter of fact.

And, in the attempt to be more positive, I am going to list the positive things in my life that bring me happiness. Remember Oprah and the Gratitude Journal? These are the things I am grateful for today:

  • I still have a job
  • I got up this moring
  • I brushed my teeth, combed my hair, AND put on make-up
  • My mom who helps me so much
  • less Lupus Fog today
  • My husband puts up with me (and I can put up with him even with the Prednisone)
  • My kids are healthy (evidenced by the constant racket and mess that they make)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.