Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Am I the Pillsbury Dough Boy?

What is is about people that makes them think it is okay to pinch your tummy fat?! I mean, I understood when people felt compelled to rub my belly when I was pregnant, but never in my life have I ever had people pinch or poke me like the Pillsbury Dough Boy until this week. Two work friends very casually and without malice put me through this and it was just humiliating and shocking. I know that this past year after taking Prednisone I have gained 30 pounds but I didn't think it was that bad; bad enough for people to be poking me. Should I have giggled?! I always want to go walking or do yoga but never ever have the damn energy for it. I think I am going to have to save this experience in my mind to give me the extra push to get out there. So I guess I am going to turn this into a positive thing-a motivator to get my fat butt out of bed so people stop poking me! :-)


Okay, so I am nearing my third week of a graduated Prednisone treatment and aside from the obvious weight gain, I am still feeling pretty crappy. My joints ache like crazy and for some reason even my trusty Hydrocodone is not working for me. On the bright side, I am starting to feel a little more energetic today.  I hope that is a sign of things to come. I am so looking forward to a break in this flare that I have been experiencing for over a year. This year my Christmas wish is simple: remission. I dream of it! I don't remember the last time I felt well-a day without pain. When you talk to someone with Lupus and they say it's a good day, what we really mean is that it is tolerable. So today I'm wishing for a day without pain for myself and for everyone else unfortunate enough to suffer from Lupus. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.