Monday, March 18, 2013

Questions, questions, questions

I have not blogged in so long! My body has been feeling like I have been hit by a truck! I was dying from sinus pain and joint aches. Pretty much a terrible flare.

I still haven't figured out this disease/diseases completely so when I went to see my rheumatologist he gave me two shots (one for pain and one for inflammation) but I don't even remember what they were called! Of course, Lupus Fog makes forget me just about everything! He also put me back on prednisone.

Well let me tell you that the next day I felt such relief in my face! The pain I had felt disappeared magically!

Fast forward 3 weeks later ...
I'm tapering off Prednisone and the Sinus Pain in my face is returning and I am starting to feel like crap again. The doctor had asked I get an X-ray of my sinuses And since I never want to leave the house (or more accurately too tired to leave) I haven't gotten the X-ray.

So, what do I do next? My next appointment is not for 3 more months. Do I ask for another appointment with the rheumatologist for another 2 shots of "whatever he gave me last time" or do I go see my primary care doctor and try to explain?

l feel like so much is left unsaid with this illness. I have been diagnosed with this illness for almost 2 years and l still have so many questions! This reminds me of the first time they sent me to the rheumatologist with a positive ANA and he told me not to worry-that I probably would never get Lupus. Then he shook my hand and walked but the door leaving me wondering what the hell he meant by that?!

That was over twelve years ago and I guess I did have something to worry about because I did get Lupus! That was ten years of wondering what the hell was wrong with me and going from one doctor to another looking for answers. I really did think that once l get the diagnosis all questions would be answered but I am far from that!

3 comments:

  1. I think you look beautiful!!!!! I've been waiting on an update to see how you were doing!!! I personally would go back for the shots again of that provided even just a little relief. Hope today is a great day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way that you do!! I was diagnosed with Lupus in 2010 and it has been a horrible experience. There are very few doctors in my area that know anything about Lupus and have told me that there is nothing they can do and I should just "Learn to deal with it". I am hoping now that I have to get a kidney transplant I will be put in touch with doctors who are more knowledgeable about my condition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany you just made my day! I have Strep but someone is reading blog! Angela, don't give up-Keep your head up-my mom had a Kidney transplant And has been well for ten Years now.

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.