Saturday, September 22, 2012

My bed...

I didn't go to work yesterday because I couldn't get out of bed even though I had come home from work the day before and gone straight to bed. So many hours of rest and my body hurt like I had been hit by a car. Now it's Saturday and I'm still in bed! I wanted to take my daughter to dance and no matter how much I tried to talk myself into it, I couldn't do it! I am still lying in my bed watching Grey's Anatomy.

It is depressing to lie here in my bed while my house is a mess and my kids play around me. I read to my daughter in bed. I help my son do his homework in bed. I even eat in this bed. All the while, every joint in my body aches, my chest hurts when I breathe, and I am so damn tired no matter how much I rest.  Ironically, this prison that is my bed is also the only place I feel any relief. I need rest and more rest. It hurts my heart that I can't be the mother and wife they need, but I need rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.