Thursday, July 28, 2011

Almost an Emergency!

Today I had to work...which for a teacher during summer truly sucks. I had to sit through a four day inservice about our "new" old curriculum we tried four years ago and abandoned three years ago. Needless to say, it is a major snoozer!
Anyway, after only two days, Monday and Tuesday, I got so tired that it made me sick...I was throwing up and hugging the toilet like a drunk! So, I missed my conference on Wednesday. I wasn't too disappointed, except for the fact that I couldn't sleep because of the horrible feeling in my stomach. It felt as though my stomach was just refusing to digest my food.
Today, I joined my fellow teachers and by lunch I felt like I was having a stroke; my head was throbbing and I felt so dizzy that I thought I was going to faint. All the while the other teachers were chatting about the administrators, and I couldn't even understand the gossip! I truly felt as though I needed to go to the hospital. As if in a dream, I ended up at Johnny Carino's, and managed to order something...all the while wondering whether I should tell someone that I was about to die....or at least it felt that way.
I convinced myself that I would eat for a while and that it might have been the Vicodin I took in the morning without breakfast and that I would feel all better after I ate lunch. Slowly but surely, the conversations began to become clear...I could finally understand the gossip and I didn't feel as if my head was going to explode!
It terrifies me how close I came to making my co-workers drop me off at the emergency room...it was very close to Johnny Carino's by the way.
I wonder what they would have said?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think.