Thursday, April 3, 2014

I Fell Off the Face of the Earth

I hadn't written in my blog because I lost my job. It really shouldn't have been so devastating, but when a person is a teacher it becomes a big part of his/her identity. I was invested in my school and my kids (students). I had worked at the same middle school for 13 years.

To make a long, long story short, the principal tricked me into taking a medical leave and promised me I would have my position when I returned and it was a big lie. He involved my friends and coworkers and it was ugly.My own friends had gone to show my boss posts I had made on Facebook insinuating I wasn't really sick. I felt betrayed by my so-called friends/coworkers and my administrators, because I am a great teacher even with my illness. My students were outperforming the other students in the grade level but because I had missed some days and I have lupus, they felt they needed to find another teacher to replace me. Now, I still work for the district, but when I return I have no idea what school or city I will be working in. My district encompasses three cities.

This happened the day I returned from Christmas break and I haven't returned to work since. I cried for about a month. I unfriended all my coworkers from Facebook and then refriended some. Finally, three months later, I feel I can write again.

As far as my health, this incident has only made things worse. I am pretty much bed-ridden 24/7. I would say I leave the house 1-2 times a week at best. My mom comes to my house every day and help clean up and feeds me and my little ones. I don't know what I would have done without her these past few months. My body is going into free fall. I am in pain almost every minute of the day and the pain meds are not even touching the pain. I started seeing a new doctor-I drive 6 hours because she is in Houston-and she found I am extremely anemic and am testing positive for scleroderma. Wow, on top of having hypothyroidism, lupus, sjorgren's syndrome, and fibromyalgia, my body is adding scleroderma.

I am not trying to be a downer, but that is life with lupus...at least it is for me!

1 comment:

  1. you can try autoimmune paleo diet, works for most people with lupus

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you think.